White Baby Blanket

by Joanna @ Southern Daisy on March 1, 2011

il lottery

I really enjoy crocheting.  Especially when I’m making something for one of my friends that is having a baby!  This is a blanket I recently made for one of my best friends since childhood and I cannot wait to meet her baby girl!

Has anyone else noticed how many women are pregnant right now, or is it just me?  It seems like every week I find out about someone else who is either expecting, just had a baby, or in one case, is now having TWINS!!!  Sigh….my day will come soon, hopefully, and when it does, you can be rest assured that you’ll be hearing all about it whether you like it or not!  (evil laugh) :-D

Until then, I guess I’ll just have to enjoy making things for all my friends’ precious little ones.  If you, or someone you know would like to order a blanket or other item from me, you can check out my facebook page here.

{ 12 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Pam Pentland March 1, 2011 at 11:34 pm

What a beautiful blanket!! I’m guess it’s for Katie, but I’m not sure. :)

2 joannaelaine March 2, 2011 at 12:15 am

You are correct! :-)

3 Leslie September 3, 2011 at 8:55 am

Beautiful!

4 cassandra b July 30, 2012 at 4:33 pm

beautiful blanket! is this an original pattern? if not, would you please share the source pattern? thanks! :-)

5 Joanna @ Southern Daisy July 31, 2012 at 8:53 am

Thank you! The pattern is from a book called “Best of Terry Kimbrough Baby Afghans.” I bought it a Joann’s. Tons of adorable baby blanket patterns in there!

6 cassandra b July 31, 2012 at 4:31 pm

thanks for responding! i saw a blanket like this a while ago- someone had received it as a gift & had no details on the pattern… i forgot all about it until i saw your blanket on pinterest! you did a great job, the blanket is gorgeous!!! now i’m off to amazon.com to find this book… thanks again, & happy crocheting!!!

7 Marcia Siara May 20, 2013 at 7:13 pm

I do a lot of blankets, burial gowns, hats, sweater set, bunting. I was wondering if you be able to let me have this pattern. It would be so pretty for the charity I crochet for.

8 Joanna @ Southern Daisy May 22, 2013 at 9:58 am

Hi Marcia! The pattern is actually from a book called “Best of Terry Kimbrough Baby Afghans.” You can find it at Joann’s and probably on Amazon.

9 Linda August 5, 2013 at 12:09 am

For anyone that’s interested…. The book this pattern is in is #3015 by Leisure Arts. “Absolutely Gorgeous Baby Afghans”

10 Miroslava October 6, 2013 at 1:33 am

Hello, Joanna! I bought a book “Best of Terry Kimbrough Baby Afghans”. Please, tell me, is the name of your blanket “Special memories”? The pattern /picture/ in the book looks different from your picture.
Thank you!

11 Joanna @ Southern Daisy October 6, 2013 at 11:23 am

Hi! Yes, it is the Special Memories pattern. It might look a little different because my stitches are just a bit tighter than the blanket they have pictured.

12 Miroslava October 7, 2013 at 1:31 am

Thank you very much for your answer!
All the best to you and your family!