20 Weeks Old!

by Joanna @ Southern Daisy on October 11, 2012

UPDATE:  I’m happy to report that this blog post and my 20 weeks comparison picture of Grayson has been pinned 157,559 times on Pinterest!  Thanks to everyone who thought this picture was worth pinning. :-)

I think in my 26.5 years on this earth, this past year has definitely flown by faster than any other year.  Since September of 2011, I’ve found out that I was pregnant, learned I was having a boy, turned 26, gave birth to my beautiful baby boy, flew to CA with my husband and son, and watched my little man grow up before my eyes.  And today, Grayson is 20 weeks old!  That’s 140 days! Or more precisely: 4 months, 2 weeks, and 3 days!

Since I have an ultrasound from when I was 20 weeks pregnant with him, I thought it would be fun to do a comparison:  20 weeks in my belly, and 20 weeks in the outside world.

If someone had told me, then, how much love and joy this little boy could bring into my life, I don’t know if I would have believed them.  But I can tell you now that I have never felt a love like this before.  I love my husband with all my heart, but there is just something so special about a mother’s love for her child.  I would do anything for him!  I look into his eyes and I can see how much he loves me, too, even though he can’t say it yet.

He has stolen my heart……and I don’t want it back. ♥

**UPDATE: Since this post is so popular, I thought I’d share my second son Oliver’s 20 week comparison here!

20 week comparison | southerndaisy.com

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Pam Pentland October 12, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Beautifully written! Now you know how I feel! <3 Love you!

2 Cassie August 8, 2013 at 9:00 am

Hi! Love your post and love the idea you had of taking a picture at 20 weeks and putting it with the ultrasound picture! My son is exactly 20 weeks today and I want to do this but am not very savvy. I don’t know how to split a picture like that or write on it. Is that something g you could easily explain so I could do this too? Thanks!

3 Joanna @ Southern Daisy August 8, 2013 at 10:32 am

Hi Cassie! I created that picture in Picasa. It’s a free photo software you can download, and it will allow you to edit pictures, create collages, and add text. Hope that helps!

4 Brian October 3, 2013 at 12:10 am

In response to Picasa… it is amazing… for those that love Photoshop but can’t afford the hundreds of dollars it costs – Picasa works great!

5 Grayson14 October 2, 2013 at 11:05 pm

Grayson is my name as well! This makes me all kinds of happy!

6 Kate Hawkins October 3, 2013 at 5:03 am

I love that you posted this, and the message it sends! That little man was every bit as much a person when he was inside of you :) That’s one beautiful little dude you have!